Ruins are biomes found on map tiles with the ability to enter. They are ancient leftover relics of a world long past, and contain some of the best treasures and hardest enemies in the game. Their contents exist beyond a mortal plane which is constantly shifting and in a stage of discourse because of the amount of magic present. Their structure is procedurally generated, and each ruin has its own unique environment sets of different rooms, treasures, and enemies. Here are some things to know about ruins.
- It is a late-game combat adventure. They are nearly impossible to complete for any character who has not leveled their skill, attribute, and equipment over 2, and difficult even with maxed equipment. If you have your character go in unprepared, they will die. You have been warned.
- You do not regenerate health while inside a ruin. In order to heal, you must have medicine that use can use on the spot.
- You cannot enter the same ruin more than once per game year. You can always exit a ruin no matter where you are within it, but the last person alive to leave or die will cause that version of the ruin to collapse, and there is a cooldown period of 10 days before you can enter the ruin again.
- Monsters attack as much as possible. Monsters will aggro as soon as you enter a room with them, and they will begin to follow you wherever you go in order to attack you, and anyone around you, hourly. The treasure room always has a combat room before it where defeating the monsters is mandatory to open the door to the treasure.
- Ruins can have random locks. Be sure to carry a crowbar or a lockpick on you to deal with them.
- Rubble piles contain low-tier treasures. They can be cleared after a project to obtain their loot.
- Be careful of traps. Some rooms contain traps that will fire an attempt to damage you every time you enter them. A character can attempt to disarm this if it is worth being able to pass through that room more than once, and the success depends on knowledge and dexterity. However, they can also be passed through if it is easier to just accept taking the damage. The formula for a hit or miss is the combat dodge formula, with the opposing attribute always being a 5.
- Treasure room contain some of the best items in the game including master gems, master equipment, rare ores, lore items and notes, Artifacts of power, spell books, and wealth.
- You can only enter ruins with other characters if you are in the same group. Once you are in, you will not be able to leave your group until you exit the ruin. Ruin enemies and size scale with the number of people in a group.
- If you choose to go alone and fall incapable, no one will be able to save you. The same version of a ruin cannot be accessed by anyone else other than when you enter a ruin as a group, so if you are unable to leave no one will be able to come and find you. Make sure to exit ruins before the point at which you think your character will fall.
- You can exit any time, any where, if you're capable. If it becomes too much, it's never too late to give up and try again next year.. unless you're dead or you can't move.